Friday, March 27, 2009

Kaydens MRI

Kayden just getting into his room.
My mom came and helped out. Waiting for the nurse to put the IV in.

Just playing


This is right after the MRI. He was still under sedation.



Just coming out of sedation.
A couple of weeks ago I took Kayden into the doctor cause I noticed he was holding his arm different. When I took him in the first doctor (not my reg. Dr.) she thought that he might of had a stroke while he was inside of me. So she ordered a MRI to look at his brain. So the next week I took him to my regular Dr. He told me he thought it might just be nerve damage. When I was having Kayden his shoulder got stuck and they had to push his shoulders together. When they did that, it might of caused some nerves to be damaged. Well my Dr. said to have the MRI done just so we could make sure that wasn't the problem.
So today we took Kayden up to Primary Childrens Medical Center. When we got there they put us in a room so they could get his IV in. Well Kayden has a lot of extra padding so they had a hard time getting the IV in. I think that was the hardest time for me. He was just crying and crying. He wasn't able to eat after 5:30am so he was so hungry and tired. After they got the IV in they sedated him and did the MRI. He was great. He woke up about an hour and a half after the put him out. He just wanted to eat his IV wires and was full of smiles when he woke up. We just made it home and my pediatrician called and said they had the results and everything looked great. I feel so blessed after seeing all the children at the hospital. I just want to thank all of our family and friends that have said prayers for our little Kayden. The Dr is just going to watch his arm and see if we need to do therapy or if the nerves are still growing back together. Thank you mom for coming with us. We love you Kayden!!!



2 comments:

  1. I am so so so HAPPY that everything went good and he is going to be okay! What a HUGE relief and now you don't have to worry any more:) He looks so CUTE in all of his pictures. He has the BEST eyes. You can tell just by looking at him that he has such a SWEET personality. I wish I was there so I could just give him a HUGE hug and kiss! We miss you guys so much and we can't wait to see everyone in the SUMMER time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your little Kayden is doing better! He is such a trooper to have to go through that!! Im sure its tough being a mother to have to see your child at the doctor! Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete